Scatter will rate the strength of your password by displaying a coloured bar below.
Press next once you've set your password.
3. Continue by clicking on Start using Scatter.
4. Since there are no accounts associated with the account, you will need to Generate Key or Import Key.
For the sake of this tutorial, we will select Generate Key.
5. Select the blockchain you'd like to generate keypair for - EOSIO in this case.
6. Export your Private Key.
You can export your private key as text or as a paper wallet (an encrypted QR code). Copy and paste your keypair if you've exported it as text. Save QR as Image in a safe location if you have exported your keypair as an encrypted QR code.
Private Key as Text
QR Code Paper Wallet
7. Go back to the Main Page of Scatter. You can now create an account linked to the keypair you created.
8. Create an account by sending funds from an exchange or another wallet.
9. Select an Account Name.
Scatter will indicate whether the account name is taken or not. Keep in mind that the account name must be 12 characters, all lower case and can include numbers from 1-5.
10. Copy the memo and send EOS to makeaccounts to create the account. Click the button on the right hand bottom corner after you've transferred the amount.
To create the account, you must send EOS to makeaccounts with the proper memo, otherwise your funds will be lost.
12. You will receive a prompt saying Scatter has found the account. Click "Okay".
13. Confirm that your account has been created and linked to the keypair you created on Scatter.
Your new account name should be listed under the EOSIO Key you have created.
SETUP SCATTER - ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT
1. Review the Acceptance of Terms.
Click Accept Terms if you have reviewed and agree with the Terms.
2. Set a password.
Create a strong password - good tips for a strong password are;