Before you get started, make sure you have completed the following setup:
- Ledger is configured and powered on
- Ledger is firmware is updated and has the EOS App installed
Find Ledger X or Ledger S as a sign-in option and select it.
Enter “0,1,2", and select either USB or Bluetooth.
If this is the first time using your Ledger, you will see a message similar to the image above stating there are “No Accounts Found”. This is to be expected. Copy one of the public keys displayed onto a notepad.
If you already have an EOS account on another wallet such as Scatter, proceed to Step 3.
Head over to Bloks Permission Manager. Log into your existing EOS account using Scatter or another wallet. Make sure you log in with your Owner Key(can change both Owner and Active) or Active Key (can only change Active).
Paste your keys from Step 2 into the fields above and click Change Permissions. Take care to ensure the keys you paste are the same you copied in Step 2.
If you want to be able to interact with custom contracts on the EOS blockchain, you will need to turn on Contract Data on your ledger device. To do this complete the following steps:
- Open the EOS app on your Nano Ledger
- Scroll through and select Settings
- Find the “Contract Data” setting (the default setting should be NOT Allowed).
- Use the buttons to change this setting to Allowed. You can now use your Ledger to complete custom contract action on EOS.